The MCA Canada Student Chapter Summit is an annual event that brings university students together from across Canada to learn more about mechanical contracting as a career of choice.
This year, the event is being held virtually, allowing more students, faculty, and interested MCA members to attend.
Who Should Attend?
- MCA Student Chapter Members
- Mechanical Engineering and Contracting Students
- Those Interested in Potential Career Opportunities in the Mechanical Contracting Sector
- University/College Faculty
- MCA Managers
- MCA Canada Members
Student Chapter Summit Program
1:00 PM – Introductions and Presentation by Prof Tim Wentz:
- Opportunities in the Mechanical Industry – Professor Tim Wentz explores the top ten reasons to join the mechanical industry and the different opportunities available in the field.
1:30 PM to 4:00 PM – Presentations by LNG Canada and JGC Fluor JV
- LNG Canada is building a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export facility in Kitimat, B.C., on the traditional territory of the Haisla Nation. The project represents the largest energy investment in Canadian history, and will deliver substantial economic benefits to Indigenous communities, businesses, the province and the country. Once complete, the facility will deliver the lowest carbon intensive LNG in the world, helping to address global climate change and offering a competitive advantage for both LNG Canada and B.C., as we enter a global market that is increasingly looking to LNG for lower carbon energy.Join the team members from LNG Canada and their prime contractor, JGC Fluor JV, to learn more about the Project and participate in a short ‘Engineering Feat’ hosted by the construction team from their site in Kitimat.
|JGC Fluor JV|
4:00 PM to 4:30 PM – Presentation by Efficiency Canada – Corey Diamond