Online Training – 5-Session Microsoft Project Essentials (September 10, 14, 16, 21 & 23)
September 10 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Delivered over 5 sessions. First session is 3.5 hours and the next 4 sessions are 2.5 hours.
September 10: 3.5 hours: 12:30pm – 4:00pm EST
September 14, 16, 21 & 23: 2.5 hours: 1:00pm-3:30pm EST
This fundamental 2-day course continues to provide you with the hands-on skills to plan and manage project activities using Microsoft Project. You will learn and practice Microsoft Project at your own computer. The scheduling techniques are learned through a series of progressive exercises that simulate a real project. At the beginning of each exercise, participants load a new project file that contains all the information correctly entered from the previous exercise. As a result, those with slower typing skills are not left behind. By completion, participants will have fully defined a project from beginning to end, and will have performed project updates and reporting.
- Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Effectively define a project, enter a Work Breakdown Structure, assign resources and costs to activities, enter project dependencies, set a project baseline, input actual project status, identify resource conflicts, and produce meaningful reports.
- Use advanced features, e.g. individual resource calendars, custom layout definitions, filters, and the use of custom data fields.
- Understand both the positive and negative aspects of the software in order to fully understand the applicability of the software for their needs.
- Discuss real-world issues such as managing multiple projects, sharing of resources, and the efficient use of the software within large and small organizations.
- Instruction delivered using MSP 2019v.
- Participants must have MSP 2010v or later. Instruction delivered using MSP 2019v.
- Strongly recommend participants attend using 2 screens for the best educational experience.