The Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada and the Construction Education Council proudly presents the exclusive Gold Seal and Blue Seal Accredited Project Management Program. This highly acclaimed program is offered in partnership with the University of Waterloo.
The Fall program will be held online once again, and will be offered 2 days a week for 10 weeks from September to December. This will mark the 41st session offered with nearly 900 industry managers graduating from the program.
This Gold Seal accredited course is designed to:
- Improve the planning and controlling of your projects, thereby improving your company’s bottom line
- Take a business view of projects and take ownership of a project from bid to final payment
- Increase your own project “lessons learned” by learning from experiences of other participants
- Be able and willing to contribute improvements to your company’s project management process
- Be better prepared to take the Gold Seal examination, if you choose
- Enjoy your projects!
Over the 10-week period, sessions will be held on:
- Project Administration
- Managing Individual Differences
- Safety: A Management Perspective
- Change Orders
- Construction Law
- Job Cost Controls
- Meetings and Communication
- Dispute Avoidance and Claims
- Labour Relations: Due Diligence
- Project Completion
Part of what is unique in this Project Management offering is that over the 10-week period you will be introduced to 8 different instructors who are all experts in their field of knowledge. You will learn from the best!
In order to receive the course certificate, students MUST attend 9 of 10 weeks. A final assignment must also be completed during class time.
“The Project Management Course offered by CEC and the University of Waterloo was very professional in its approach with very well qualified and experienced professionals. I have been associated with the contracting business for more than twenty (20) years. This course is a recommended must for those interested in having a “professional standard” approach to Project Management. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to attend.” – Robert Thain, Black and McDonald, Winnipeg, MB
Part 1: December 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 2021
Part 2: January 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28, February 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, March 3, 4, 2022
Registration cutoff: November 29, 2021
Each day the session will run from 9:00 to 12:30 Eastern
Course Fee: $2,970.00 CEC Members: $2,700.00 (+ 13% HST)
The fee includes a complete and comprehensive manual
BN# 867668436 RT 0001
- Thirty (30) calendar days prior to start of course–100% refund
- Fifteen (15) calendar days prior to start of course–50% refund
- Seven (7) calendar days prior to course commencement–No refund
- Substitutions can be made up to the day before the course starts