Upcoming Courses – Click on the link to download course information and registration. If there is not a brochure attached please contact CEC to be directed to the appropriate association for registration.
Dates: June 11-13, 2019
Location: Vaughan, ON
The Computerized Mechanical Estimating course is an introductory course that provides participants with an opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge to estimate mechanical project costs using Trimble Accubid estimating and graphical takeoff solutions. Participants will learn to apply proven principles and methodologies of mechanical (piping) estimating in an instructor-led, hands-on approach. The topics covered focus on key tasks of proven estimating method such as; creating and applying estimate breakdowns, takeoffs of common systems and items, such as fixtures, equipment, drainage waste, and vent, pressure and process piping. Participants will use AutoBid Mechanical Estimating and OnScreen software tools during the course.
By the end of the course, participants will submit a bid along with their peers. The course is delivered over three consecutive days.
Registration is now closed.
Dispatcher – Toronto, ON
October 17-18, 2019, the deadline for registration is October 1st, 2019.
This course is limited to 24.
To download the complete form click here.
2019 – Fall 10 Day – Project Management:
Week 1: November 14-18, 2019
Week 2: December 12-16, 2019
This course is limited to 24 and sells out very quickly. Do not delay in registering.
To download the complete registration/information form Project Management SPRING 2019
CEC’s Advanced Project Management course will prepare seasoned project managers for future advancement and increased responsibilities. The new program was created to build off the highly successful 10-day program. The course will provide 28 hours of Gold Seal accredited industry-specific, advanced level project management training.
Graduates of the program will bring back to their companies strategies for making their projects even more successful. Senior project skills that will be covered include:
Session 1: The Art of Facilitative Leadership
- Develop strategies for conscious leadership
- Become aware of how our nature influences decision making
- Techniques for transforming resistance into advocacy
- How to identify key elements driving peak performance
Session 2: Organizational Planning – Portfolio Management
- Discuss the processes of project portfolio management including the key activities that facilitate maximum portfolio value
- Relate the principles of project portfolio management to organizational strategy and performance
- Identify a best practice model for portfolio component selection, optimization, communication and risk management
- Recognize the benefits and challenges of implementing project portfolio management within the business
Session 3: Financial and Basic Accounting Principles for Project Managers
- Articulate to stakeholders the financial status of the project
- Explain aspects of corporate accounting
- Gain focus on and maintain control over project estimates, profitability and performance
- Analyze the financial aspects of an organization
- Make informed decisions with respect to pricing, contract, progress and project risk management
- Use financial information within a project environment to predict and influence the final results
Session 4: Principles of Lean for Construction
- Understand basic Lean tools
- Simplify, standardize, align, synchronize and achieve rapid and sustainable improvements
Who Should Attend:
Experienced project managers, senior project managers who meet the following criteria:
- Manage other project managers
- Manage projects with self-sufficient job site staff
- Managing a book of work under individual income statements
- Managing a project management department
- Managing all or project driven portion of company operations
CEC’s Advanced Project Management program is designed specifically for the mechanical contracting industry.
To register, contact Tania Johnston at email@example.com
Week 1: November 29 – December 2, 2019
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON
This course is limited to 24 . Do not delay in registering.
To download the complete brochure: Click Here